Friday 24 August 2012

The Weekend


I slept like rubbish last night and felt quite fragile when I woke up. The PMT + Cancer cocktail really is a totally new challenge to me! Agitated, unsettled, snacking, uncontrollable crying at the drop of a hat! Reflexology at CLAN soon sorted me out though and an hour on the couch and a few tears with the therapist lifted my mood and calmed me down. Came home and snacked on more “Rocky Road” and warm artisan Morrison’s bread! Well the healthy diet and exercise all these years doesn’t seem to have done me that much good and I did have healthy food yesterday apart from the cheese and onion crisps!

Letter from the hospital came today and despite the consultant saying I can go in at 8am on 6th September the letter says 2pm on 5th. Probably a good thing as I am bound not to sleep the first night there and will then be able to sleep soundly after the op? Well I live in hope.

We also have an evening out planned for Tuesday 4th which will take our minds off it all. Mark has kindly offered Seabass and DVD for Paul and Kim and I are dining at Fennel, Inverurie. Maybe Paul and I can grab a decent lunch before Admission on the Wednesday in anticipation of the less fine dining experience of the hospital food for the next few days!

 

Have had some lovely messages from people today – it’s not easy giving out the news but I know many people think and reflect upon hearing it and if it makes just one small difference to someone else’s life then it helps my own courage and strength.

 

Off to the gym this evening to work the shoulders and arms and then round off with a sauna before bedtime.

 

There may not be Blog updates over the weekend as I am aiming for a couple of “cancer free” days. Will see how I bear up! Planning to go to Duthie Park fruit and flower show tomorrow and for a walk at Montrose Basin on Sunday stopping off to pick up some Arbroath Smokies en route.

 

Remember if the heaven’s open, start dancing (and take photos!)

No comments:

Post a Comment