Tuesday 21 August 2012

Satin & Silk

Not a great nights sleep after the hospital day yesterday but feel quite bright and breezy this morning! Car dropped in Dyce for an MOT, hoping for good news on that one! Big bowl of porridge with double cream and brown sugar for breakfast! Opened the post at 9.45am to find an appointment for ultra sound – this afternoon at 1420!! More efficiency on the part of NHS Grampian! Good job I wasn’t in town for the day or I would have missed it! It does say don’t eat for six hours prior to the scan – well too late for that as the porridge is already eaten! Was anxious that the appointment may not come before surgery so am at least pleased to be getting it done. I will notify my cancer nurse as they don’t seem to have a clue as to what’s going on in other departments!
Written out a calendar for the next 16 days before surgery, ensuring I get jobs done and fit in “Me Time” too!

Managed to find a satin shirt on E Bay which arrived today and will be perfect for after surgery. Recommended to wear silk or satin front buttoning for easy on and off after mastectomy. If anyone has a size 12 ish spare silky shirt, loose sleeves, please send my way as I only have one and they seem hard to find! Another "benefit" of the cancer - no VAT to pay on post surgery bra's! Purchased a lovely bra in M&S with a £3.50 saving!

Have also bought a couple of new DVD’s to watch and have been sent a novel to keep me occupied post surgery! In my book “What Can I Do To Help?” It suggests friends cut out and send magazine / newspaper articles that are fun / humorous / interesting (inc cookery & travel!) as main stream news can be depressing as we all know! If anyone has read something good lately, cut out and forward, I can stick in a book to take to hospital!

No comments:

Post a Comment