Tuesday 9 October 2012

Too Soon


It’s too soon to go swimming, too soon to do gardening, too soon to travel too far, too soon to move on to week 7 physio! Not quite five weeks since surgery. I am much better, the cording is easing and mobility in my arm improving. The burning skin sensation subsides for periods of time which is wonderful, stabbing occurs only once or twice a day through my chest and underarm. Tiredness comes and goes

I’ve been pottering about at home but am rather tired of my own company now and these four walls! I’ve been baking, clearing cupboards, sorting paper work and watched numerous DVD’s. I think I should get another canvas and try some more “modern art” or buy more wool for knitting scarves! Planning to drive out locally tomorrow, pick up a few things from Asda for Sarah’s visit over the weekend. . It’s probably not too soon to write Christmas cards or make mince pies for the freezer!

Emotionally, I am generally fine with the mastectomy, accepting my flat chest and scar, not quite so fine absorbing it was cancer that caused it and that it may or may not come back at some point in my future. I have to just focus on each day and rebuild my strength, emotionally and physically. I find I have little ability to deal with any kind of stress, falling apart and not able to cope well with certain situations ( the initial news of Paul’s redundancy,  attempts to recover rental deposit for last years student flat) I have no mental energy left. I can see why recovery takes 12 weeks! I am so impatient!

No comments:

Post a Comment