Friday 12 October 2012

Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday to me! I sat in bed with coffee and opened cards and presents quietly, weather outside appalling, the lovely view of yesterday changed into a windswept soggy picture! Up and about, household chores to do with changeover this weekend Downstairs and guests back in on Sunday. Piles of wet laundry! Organised Pauls packing for his trip to London with Maisie for the Goldsmiths University open day. 12 hours overnight on the bus from Aberdeen, I knew I wouldn’t manage that so opted to stay home. Sarah’s arriving to keep me company, tomorrow. Was just thinking about having an afternoon nap when I heard the door and wondered who it was, there stood Alice, soaked from the rain! What a surprise! She had caught the bus from Glasgow to Aberdeen, then Aberdeen to Potterton, followed by a mile and a half’s walk in the pouring rain, carrying a birthday cake and an overnight bag! What a fabulous present! Made my day.

We took a taxi to Liz’s and arrived for tea just after five. Lovely to be out and among people! A glass of bubbly, little sandwiches, cupcakes, jelly and a slice of Judy’s delicious pavlova! And of course a chorus of “happy birthday to you” and a game of pass the parcel! A super party! Taxi home before nine and straight to bed! Still not managing long days yet!

Getting back behind the wheel on Thursday boosted my mood. Good just to get out independently even if only to the supermarket! No heavy trolley to push just a few things for the weekend. Managed driving fine but reverse parking could prove a bit sore still with twisting.

Bought myself a copy of “Adventures of a One Breasted Woman” to motivate and inspire me! I will be starting my own adventures with a three night stay in a yurt near Elgin (north coast) in a couple of weeks time. Been on my “to do” list ever since we sat in one for a story telling session at The Aboyne Fire festival some four or five years ago! Also on my “to do” list is to take a seaplane flight from Glasgow and to sail on the ferry to Shetland, amongst other things!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful birthday suprise! Happy Birthday xxx

    ReplyDelete