Thursday 4 October 2012

Start as we mean to go on!


Lungs full of fresh air and warm autumn sun on my face as I took a welcome walk along the lane this morning. Great to get out of the house and enjoy get some much needed exercise. Occupied myself with a little baking and made apricot, almond and ginger muffins! Four weeks since surgery and have felt a bit housebound and sluggish.

This week, mid afternoon I have been feeling tired again and have slept for an hour or two as well as still managing to sleep ok at night. I'm sleeping much better than I was last week, pain is easing off a little and I am more comfortable. Woke this morning with aching knuckles and after walking, aching knees, hoping that is just my usual “arthritic pain” and not resulting from the Tamoxifen. Hoping I will be okay to start driving again next week.
 
My first evening out tonight since surgery. Booked for supper at Trump Clubhouse as its nearby and a pleasant atmosphere. Word clearly got out that I was back on the scene as Kim and I walked in, who was sat there but Mr Donald Trump himself.  Of course we should have introduced ourselves “Like you Mr Trump, I’m not one to miss a business opportunity, I have a fabulous house to sell and failing that great accommodation for your golfers to stay in”  but no, we were overcome with girlish giggles and just kept looking over to him and his entourage. By the way, he is exactly the same in real life as he is on TV, does he only have one set of clothes as well? You might have thought he would have chatted to his restaurant guests before he left, given there were only a handful of us in there, but no, it’s clearly all about him. A very memorable and fun evening none the less! Billy Connelly just a few weeks back and Donald trump tonight! Start as we mean to go on that’s what I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment