Thursday 20 September 2012

Two weeks on


My GP was happy with my recovery when I saw him on Tuesday. He snipped the nylon thread that was causing a little soreness where it protruded from my underarm. He also prescribed anti inflammatories for the cording underarm. He was very supportive and offered an open door should I need any emotional support or have any concerns going forward.

Enjoyed a short shopping spree with Mum yesterday in town. Mostly looking at clothes and underwear for me for confident dressing. Having explored John Lewis and M&S we ended at good old Primark who had a fantastic ranged of pretty vests, of which I bought a selection!

We took a welcome rest over coffee and cake mid-morning and spoilt ourselves with a taxi home rather than waiting bus buses and having to walk far.

Sorted through my underwear drawer and got rid of things that I will never wear (tight, thin straps, moulded cups etc) and adapted some other garments, removing underwire and keeping things that have removable pads.
Yesterday I felt so much better in myself, much less fatigued and generally” better”. However, that said, I am having sweaty nights and not actually sleeping as well as last week. Probably linked to having an appointment for clinic Friday morning, when we will find out about the full pathology report and whether or not I need any further treatment. Either way, a turning point and big step forward after surgery two weeks ago

No comments:

Post a Comment