Thursday 9 May 2013

First time for everything!..


I did something today that I have never done before in my life. First time for everything! I bought a copy of The Sun newspaper! Yes, to look at the breasts, boobies, bosoms. The ME supplement featured an article on nine women “Why we love our boobs”. The feature showed the ladies clothed, all looking glamorous and below each photo a close up shot of their naked breasts. One of the ladies was Hannah, aged 35, who underwent a mastectomy last year. Her goal? To inspire other women who are facing mastectomy.

I was so inspired that, after a bit of research, I managed to contact Hannah and exchanged several e mails with her. I am very happy to have Hannah on board for the Breathless Breastless Project!

The project is taking shape with far more interest and support than I ever imagined and it’s keeping me very busy!

Something else I did today for the first time too, was to put my shopping through the checkout at Morrisons only to discover that I did not have my purse! Thankfully it was a self service checkout so there was not a queue behind looking on at my embarrassment!

I blame the Tamoxifen for brain fog! Seriously, it is a commonly reported side effect of the drug and I have had some serious dementia moments of late. It didn’t help that I had enjoyed an hour on the beach in the sun, factor 15 applied. Returning home I had a thumping headache and a very pink face. It occurred to me that the Tamoxifen may cause the skin to be sensitive to sun exposure? Sure enough, plenty of reported cases and a note on the breastcancercare.org site, to avoid exposure to the sun while taking the drug, but nothing on the leaflet that comes with the drug? One for me to monitor and to be cautious about.

No comments:

Post a Comment