Friday 3 May 2013

Breathless-Breastless Project


I hadn’t anticipated so much interest and support so soon! I re launched the Breathless-Breastless Project on Facebook last week and have 21 likes, a very talented Scotland based artist on board and the opportunity to promote the project in an Art magazine!
The idea of the project is to raise awareness as to the disfiguring effects of breast cancer surgery yet highlighting that we are still very much beautiful whole women.  The idea was born after seeing the fabulous photographs in the Scar Project being exhibited in the USA.  Our project aims to produce paintings, showing powerful images of ladies who have been on a breast cancer journey and who wish to share their story and their scars with the world. When I was first told I would need a mastectomy I really had no idea what my body would look like after surgery and nor it seemed did my family or friends.

I am excited, if a little daunted, at the prospect of travelling to Edinburgh at the end of the month to meet with the artist and have a photo shoot with a view to some breath taking paintings being created.

The Project is looking for more ladies willing to pose for paintings and for artists willing to paint! Support in any area would be very much appreciated, promotion, creative ideas, exhibition space, admin etc. It is hoped that we can launch a small exhibition in Edinburgh and Aberdeen and gain some media and charitable coverage. Watch this space!
Please support Breathless-Breastless Project by liking and sharing our Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment