Friday 1 February 2013

Random Thoughts!


I feel sad when I walk past lingerie shops / departments

I don’t know anyone else who’s had a mastectomy

I know four other people who have / had breast cancer. One is terminal.

Is it worse to be diagnosed with cancer when your children are younger or older, or is it the same?

It’s been liberating to close the door on one or two worn out “friendships”

It’s uplifting and warming to have learnt who really values me

I’m learning the art of doing “nothing” from time to time

I’ve learnt to do things I need to and wish, to but less of what I don’t want to or don’t need to 

My fabulous daughters really kept me focused and going in the difficult times

There is often someone who will make your cancer all about themselves

Living in the moment is far more worthwhile than dwelling in the past

I am making my happiness a better quality than before

Life is not always what you make it

Happiness is found in between the difficult and painful bits

As with any trauma, it’s a gradual process coming to terms with what’s happened

I’m focusing my “new” life on doing things that excite and make me happy

Is it acceptable for me to topless sunbath?

I need to get fit so I can rebook my Sahara trek for my 50th in October

Fantastic to be taking my girls to South Africa in July to celebrate Paul’s 60th.
 
Tense and exciting waiting to hear of Maisie's university applications
 
Maisie's 18th birthday falls on Mother's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment