Saturday 6 April 2013

An evening of Burlesque!


It’s always a good idea to buy presents for other people that you can also share in! An evening of Burlesque at the Music hall last night was a real treat! My prosthesis remained in the cupboard at home but my “softee” came out to wear under my black sequined cocktail dress, no disguising with cardigans or scarves. Online booking said “dress to impress!” Heels, stockings and little black dress, perfect!

The evening unfolded into a fabulous cabaret show time with gorgeous girls, feathers, flames, tassels, sparkles, hoops, tricks and much more! The hostess with the mostess had us all laughing, relaxing, cheering and generally making lots of noise!
I found myself caught out and pulled up sharpe during the first strip tease, being faced with beautiful breasts, curves in all the right places, aware that I will never look like that again, aware that the chances are, at least one of these beautiful girls will end up with breast cancer during her lifetime. A few moments of fighting back the tears that had welled up in my eyes (not wanting any mascara streaks down my face!) I got to thinking I should embrace all that I am and maybe I should find a Burlesque dance class and show that I am very much still all woman, Amazon Warrior that I am!  After all, it has to be easier to swing one tassel than two!

No comments:

Post a Comment